Author(s): Hemsley, Melissa,
Date of Publication: 09/01/2020,
Pagination: 288 pages,
Imprint: Ebury Press,
Published By: Ebury Publishing,
Book Classification: Quick & easy cooking, Vegetarian cookery
Foreword by Guy Singh-Watson, farmer and founder of Riverford.
Bestselling author and home cook, Melissa Hemsley gives you over 100 easy recipes that focus on UK-grown, easy-to-buy ingredients, cutting down on food waste and putting flavour first. Eat Green is a helping hand towards eating a lot more vegetables in a way everyone can enjoy together.
These veg-packed and veg-centric recipes are simple to make and perfect for the whole family.
Chapters include: One Pot and One Tray; Cook Now, Eat Later; Family Favourites; and 30 Minutes or Less. Simple swaps mean that meat and fish can be added in or taken away, so everyone can enjoy a delicious meal, whether they are vegan, vegetarian, enjoying a meat-free Monday or something in between.
Melissa's down-to-earth approach to joyful eating encourages us to cook healthy food from scratch while being mindful of life's pressures and time constraints.
Eat Green includes plenty of:
- easy swaps to use up food you have to hand and reinvent your leftovers
- batch cooking advice and meals to stock up your freezer
- quick 30-minute midweek dinners and one-pot meals
- make-ahead packed lunches for work or weekend trips
- family-friendly dishes and healthy spins on comfort food favourites
- ideas for using up odds and ends that you might usually throw away
Eat Green celebrates the pleasure of really good food anyone can cook and everyone can savour.