Author(s): Rennoldson, Mr James,
Date of Publication: 19/03/2020,
Pagination: 256 pages,
Series: Writers' and Artists',
Imprint: Bloomsbury Yearbooks,
Published By: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC,
Book Classification: Writing & editing guides
The W&A Guide to How to Hook an Agent is the definitive guide to putting together a manuscript submission and attracting the attention of a literary agent.
Structured around a series of real-life questions raised at Writers' & Artists' successful 'How to Hook an Agent' events, this lively and accessible Q&A guide provides everything an unpublished writer needs to know about seeking the representation of a literary agent.
Full of practical detail and examples of good and bad practice, it covers:
* Responses to over 180 questions asked by writers about getting an agent
* How to research and approach an agent
* The key ingredients of a submission
* How to draft a successful covering letter
* What to expect when working with an agent
* The agent-publisher relationship
* Contracts, rights and royalties
This unique guide is suitable for writers of fiction and non-fiction and writing across different genres and age ranges.