Author(s): Plato, Jason,
Date of Publication: 30/04/2020,
Pagination: 304 pages,
Imprint: Penguin Books Ltd,
Published By: Penguin Books Ltd,
Book Classification: Autobiography: sport, Extreme sports, Car racing
Two-time championship-winning and record-breaking racing driver, Jason Plato is a living, breathing example of what you shouldn't do if you want to become a professional racing driver.
* Steal a JCB in Monaco and end up in prison there - twice
* Kill Bernie Ecclestone (almost)
* Choose fags and booze over the gym
* Give Prince Charles the finger on the M42
* Make enemies with a 6ft 6" rival who is a black belt in everything
Since joining the Williams Touring Car team in 1997 he has had more race wins than Lewis Hamilton and Stirling Moss, competed in more races than Jenson Button and set the largest number of fastest laps ever.
But he's also a rule breaker who has had more than his fair share of near-death experiences, drunken escapades and more. There is nothing sensible, predictable or considered about Jason.
But this is how he became a racing legend.