Author(s): DK Travel,
Date of Publication: 07/02/2019,
Pagination: 264 pages,
Series: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide,
Imprint: DK Eyewitness Travel,
Published By: Dorling Kindersley Ltd,
Book Classification: France, Travel & holiday guides, Road atlases & maps
With its timeless villages and picturesque landscapes, France is the perfect destination for a leisurely road trip. It's yours to explore with Back Roads France, which contains 24 amazing drives across the country, from Brittany's wild west coast to the sun-soaked lavender fields of Provence.
Packed with insider tips and carefully curated information, this easy-to-use guide reveals the very best of France: spectacular sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences.
Inside Back Roads France:
- 24 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days, including the gastronomic pleasures of the Dordogne valley, the verdant vineyards of Burgundy and the majestic peaks of the Pyrenees
- A laminated pull-out road map of France helps you navigate with ease
- Ideas for discovering the character of each area en route: great views, delightful detours along peaceful back roads, walks through historic towns and villages, wine tours and boat trips and activities such as hiking, cycling and kayaking. Plus you'll savour the best local experiences with our pick of the most authentic places to stay, eat and shop
- All the French rules of the road, postcodes for use with satnav and detailed directions for easy navigation, information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Nancy, Cotes de Toul, Reims, Champagne vineyards, Calais, Giverny, Dieppe, Honfleur, Deauville, Trouville, Bayeux, Mont-St-Michel, Dinan, Chartres, Blois, Beaune, Routes des Vins Maconnais-Beaujolais, Puy de Dome, Bergerac, Rocamadour, Albi, Bordeaux, Pont d'Espagne, Carcassonne, Montsegur, Nimes, Menton, Nice, St Tropez, Cassis, Bastia, Calvi and more