Author(s): Collins Dictionaries,
Date of Publication: 12/01/2017,
Pagination: 680 pages,
Published By: HarperCollins Publishers,
Book Classification: Dictionaries
The home of trusted Mandarin dictionaries for everyday language learning. Designed for all those studying Mandarin Chinese who need maximum information in an accessible format, the Collins Pocket Chinese to English and English to Chinese Dictionary offers excellent, up-to-date coverage of today's Chinese language, culture and usage right in your own pocket. Designed for those studying both English and Mandarin Chinese, whether at school, for work or for travel.
It is the ideal text for anyone who needs reliable information in a handy, portable format.
* Offers up-to-date coverage of Mandarin Chinese and English, with thousands of phrases and examples guiding the user to the most appropriate translation.
* To help with the pronunciation of Mandarin Chinese words, the dictionary includes pinyin for all Chinese headwords, translations, phrases and examples.
Pinyin is the official phonetic system for transcribing Chinese characters into the Roman alphabet, and is accepted in all Chinese-speaking countries.
* In addition, the dictionary also includes both simplified and traditional or complex Chinese characters. Simplified characters are generally used in mainland China and Singapore, while traditional characters are mainly used in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
* The radical index is a clear guide to looking up Chinese characters, helping the user to navigate the dictionary and find Chinese characters without knowing their pronunciation.
* A practical supplement covers correspondence in Chinese and English, including sample letters, emails and CVs.